Saturday, February 12, 2011

Your 2011 Rookies

The Rookie Class of 2011 has been announced. Let’s take a look at where each of them fits in the swimsuit model spectrum.

Kate Upton
She’s the most classic-looking, all-American, SI-type swimsuit model of the bunch. I see her as today’s Tori Praver.
• • •
Alyssa Miller
Those are some major-league eyebrows. I see her as Yasmeen Ghauri’s face with Yamila Diaz’s lips.
• • •
Shannan Click
Looks to me like a combination of Molly Sims and Carolyn Murphy.
• • •
Kenza Fourati
This Tunisian model is highly unusual for SI. Most of the photos I found of her online show her in moody black & white fashion shots. It took me a while to think of an equivalent, but I think her look has the Frenchy, art-house ennui of a Laetitia Casta.
• • •
Izabel Goulart
I figured that Daniella Sarahyba would not be in the 2011 issue. So they needed another 26-year-old Brazilian model to step up, and they found Izabel. If Daniella smiled less, they’d look even more similar.
• • •
The folks at Lowdown Blog place their bets on 2011's cover girl, and they put Julie Henderson at #3, after Anne V and Irina Shayk. (They also refer to the 2011 issue as the 49th. Meanwhile, the guys at Bro Bible seem to think it’s the 38th. Guys—it’s the 47th.)

9/22/11 ETA: Holy cow, it's the 48th. What's my problem? Math is hard.

No comments: