Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Calendar Girls

Happy 2012.

I recently picked up this year’s swimsuit desk calendar, like I have every year since 1990.This means I have 23 of them. That’s almost a quarter of a century.

It dawned on me that the first one I ever bought (1990, with Stephanie Seymour on the cover):…is older than a lot of the models who have appeared in the swimsuit issue.

And since these are calendars, that means you can point to the exact dates that those girls were born.

It’s kind of a flash realization of how old I am. But why not have fun with it?

There are four models I can find who were born in 1990 or later. Here are their birthdays, highlighted.

3/6/90: Elle Macpherson presides over the birth of Esti Ginzburg.
7/4/90: Rachel Hunter and Maria von Hartz welcome Alyssa Miller.
10/10/90: Maria is present for her second model: Damaris Lewis.
6/10/92: Angie Everhart peeks from the bamboo as Kate Upton arrives.
As the years go by, that number will only go up.

No comments: