Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Topless Tuesday: Mallory Snyder, 2006

Turning to the past this Tuesday.


Mallory was a sleek and pillow-lipped beauty, a two-year girl who hasn't been on this blog as often as she should have been.

This year's swimsuit issue isn't the complete trainwreck a lot of folks say it is. But it's still a bit of a letdown.

I honestly think part of the problem is the flaccid unveiling of it. There wasn't a sense of excitement leading up to it. I'm not sure if that's some sort of underbudgeting or understaffing problem or what. But it arrived with a whimper, all things told.

I'm also bummed that we lost the three models I considered to be tentpoles. Obviously, Barbara and Hailey and Lais had to stop appearing eventually. But all three of them at once? That sucks.

Not to mention the weirdness of the magazine being an uneasy straddle between the sexiness of a girlie magazine and the self-esteem-and-fashion extravaganza of a women's magazine. I don't think it's hitting either target very well. I don't know much about modeling or photography, but a lot of the photos seem uninspired somehow, even of the models I'm excited about.

Also, July? Come on.

There are some nice photos, but 2020 was less like Christmas for me than any previous year.

So here's more topless Mallory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the acquisition of the Sports Illustrated brand has something to do with some of the sloppiness you're observing.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't seen the issue to buy around me. I know it must, but it makes me wonder if sales even matter in the equation any more. I think some of the issues there are with vendors who jsut don't stock it anymore, like Walmart. I've always found it at local grocery stores, but still nothing here weeks after its release. I might just have to order it online.

Have a feeling I'll be bored with it since I imagine it's nothing but girls on beach pics except for the Wyoming shoot. But I still need to add it to the collection.