Friday, March 2, 2018

In Memoriam

I’m planning a lawsuit against Sports Illustrated.

A few months ago, I mapped out my ideal 2018 swimsuit issue. It included eight 2017 models I’d have loved to see come back.

SI got rid of three of them.

It’s very tough to lose Bo Krsmanovic, Hannah Ferguson, and Rose Bertram. I feel like there must be intolerable cruelty or breach of contract or some legal concept I can use to get those girls back.

Anyway, let’s survey the damage.

Bo Krsmanovic
I could have seen Bojana come back over and over again for years. This dark, Serbian beauty had a lot more swimsuit in her.

• • •

Rose Bertram
I’m even more torn up by the loss of this cute, bubbly, buxom young woman.

• • •

Hannah Ferguson
And the centerpiece. Hannah F was a sleek, blonde bombshell, and I can’t believe she’s gone.

• • •

Hannah Davis
Hannah D (or Hannah J if you prefer) was a staple and will be missed. Though as I’ve mentioned before, I think we have a good replacement in Chase Carter.

• • •

Nina Agdal
It was a respectable run for Nina! Six years. Looking at her photos, it’s clear how the Photoshop waxed and waned. (Look how Vaseline-smeared her 2013 shot is.)

• • •

Chrissy Teigen
And this is the end of an era. Chrissy was the last remaining model who was active when this blog had its first post on June 1, 2010. The turnover is complete

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think there's ever been a year where so much star talent disappeared in one go. Some of it was expected - Chrissy, Hannah D. and Rose weren't going to show up pregnant. Nina I was surprised about because I always thought of her in an Anne/Irina/Chrissy long-term vet kind of way.

Hannah F and Bo are real losses for SI. Hannah clearly is going down a high fashion route, so I assume it was her and her agency's choice to step away. Bo I just don't get. Two locations last year and just gone this year. Doesn't make much sense for SI or for Bo in my mind.

Swimsuitologist said...

Ah, I'm not sure I knew Rose was pregnant. Well, she's forgiven.