Thursday, March 22, 2018

Thumb-Hook Thursday: Lujan Fernandez, 2000

I've been focusing almost exclusively on the 2018 issue, and I think my takes have been winding down for the year. So let's head back 18(?!) years to view the lovely Lujan Fernandez.


The photos were so much smaller back then, with much fewer pixels per inch.

I just remembered, back in 2013 I ranked Lujan at number 28 on my all-time greatest swimsuit models list.


We've had five swimsuit issues since then. I sometimes wonder how different the list would be if I compiled it today. I have to imagine recent obsessions like Sara Sampaio and Hannah Ferguson would make it this time around. Rose Bertram? Lais Ribeiro? Barbara Palvin? Would Raven Lyn make it after one appearance or would I need a few more years of her to know?

And who would fall off? I always acknowledged the rankings were subject to whims, so it wouldn't necessarily be the bottom girls who disappeared.

Anyway, the beautiful girls keep coming. And despite the extracurricular material around this year's swimsuit issue, there's still plenty of obsession-worthy models to enjoy.

No comments: