Wednesday, May 8, 2019

One-Piece Wednesday: Tyra Banks, 2019

Surprise.


This one was successfully kept under wraps. Tyra Banks joins fellow historic cover girls Christie and Paulina as living legends who’ve returned.

I think she looks great, personally … though the posing is a little strange. A lot of bland, widespread leg action. Tilt your hips a little, maybe? Or cross one leg in front of the other?

Or maybe I shouldn’t tell Tyra Banks of all people how to model.

She also got one of (again) three covers.


Gotta say, new rookie Camille looks fantastic. Hers is my favorite of the three. But I’m bummed we didn’t get Babs or Lais or Hailey, who are my current Holy Trinity of SI.

I’m sure there’s a tidal wave of hot takes rolling in, so I’ll keep watching. I still haven’t seen the whole trove of photos.

3 comments:

John Rotten said...

I agree about Tyra. She looks great. And some of her pictures are good. But the rest of them are more of the same.

I also agree about Camille. At first-glance, I think she and her collection are the best of 2019. She's very attractive and her poses have some variety.

Anonymous said...

For whatever reason, I had dreaded the possibility of Camille being on the cover. I've always preferred my SI to be actual models - I've never really cared about the athletes in the issue, and I'm still not happy that Beyonce get a cover instead of one of the pros. That said, I think Camille has a pretty face, and it is a really flattering picture. But I'll probably be buying Tyra's cover.

Swimsuitologist said...

To be honest, I keep forgetting Camille is a WAG. I think she holds her own better than most who've appeared in SI. Still would rather see more Allie Ayers than Camille or Haley Kalil, but they're both good additions, I think.