Friday, May 8, 2020

Fruit Friday: Karen and Kara

Our second visit this week from Karen Alexander.


This is the only version of this 1987 shot I can find. It’s from the Getty image site.

I wish SO BADLY we had access to these as high-quality, watermarkless photos. Back when Swim Daily made a point of sharing stuff from their archives, they would occasionally unearth one of these. But that doesn’t seem to be the point of Swim Daily anymore.

The photo is reminiscent of this one of Kara Young from a couple years later, in 1989. Beautiful fruit-patterned one-piece, clinging to the body of a beautiful African-American model we didn't see enough of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are making my week with these Karen posts! Matching a suit to a location/situation seems to be a lost art. I guess it's inevitable when they just take a certain range of colors to any one location. I prefer the old way of doing things.

I read an interview with Kara a few years ago and she was asked about her SI shoot. I remember she said she had a really good time but a boyfriend talked her into leaving and coming back to him or something like that. Probably explains why she was a one hit wonder. Love this pic of her though. Damn sultry.