Sunday, February 8, 2015

Happy Swimsuit Eve

Tomorrow we enjoy this year’s bikini harvest. I’m bummed that Martha Hunt will not be included. (I would have bet money she’d be in, but that shows what I know.)

Tell me this wouldn’t have been welcome.

DirecTV already had a relationship with pre-SI Hannah Davis, who portrayed their Genie once upon a time.

Now they’re back with a fun (but perhaps mean) ad featuring her and two other SI cover girls: Chrissy Teigen and Nina Agdal. It uses the Rob Lowe campaign as a jumping-off point.




A few objections.

1) The “be like the sexy women, not like the ugly women” approach calls to mind the mean-spiritedness of Bar Refaeli’s eyewear ad.

2) Jeans, cats, and menial jobs have nothing to do with your TV programming.

3) The “ugly” photos of the girls are pretty awesome.

Anyway, visions of bikini bottoms will dance in my head tonight. See you tomorrow!

No comments: