Saturday, September 5, 2020

Two-Pièce de Résistance: Rebecca Romijn, 1996

This is, obviously, not the skimpiest swimsuit Rebecca has worn in SI.

Photo: Marco Glaviano

In fact, I’m not even sure it’s a swimsuit. It covers the vast majority of her body. Long sleeves, long legs. If not for the cleavage-window, this would almost look like a Halima Aden burkini.

And I’d argue that her face, not her body, is the focal point.

But what a face. Such an intense, symmetrical face. It’s no wonder she was cast to play a villainess in a comic book movie. Even with her disheveled, damp hair, she’s intensely perfect.

The suit is blue, and the shimmering sand that surrounds her is blue, which has the effect of popping those gorgeous irises like a couple of laser beams.

It’s a photo that inspires me to stop and appreciate, and I think that’s what I’m trying to highlight with these posts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hate to admit it, but I wasn't a fan of Rebecca's after her first issue. I think it was the short hair I didn't get. But when she turned up in Bermuda in 95 I got it. Definitely an icon of the 90s era in SI.