Friday, May 24, 2019

Free-Hip Friday: Barbara Palvin, 2019

I mentioned that there weren’t a lot of freed hips in the 2019 issue.

I submit the curious case of this Barbara Palvin one-piece.


It reveals the whole side of her body, and the result is …


… kind of weird, to be honest. It’s an uncomfortable-looking slingshot effect.


It seems there’s a thin belt that is meant to be worn with it, and frankly the suit is much better looking with the belt attached.


I fancy myself a connoisseur of the one-piece, and part of my manifesto is that they are rarely improved by forced skimpification. If you want a bikini, get a bikini.

• • •

Kate Bock sports a similar style, a V that plunges down the body, starting at the breasts, with a belt to mark the halfway point of the journey.


I’m a big fan of a high-cut suit, but it’s possible to overdo it. Here, I think the back view suffers.


Kate is a slender model, and when the thong-style cut is too high, her, um, cheeks look elongated. A derrière like Kate’s needs a tighter frame to spotlight it.


Yes, like that!

• • •

Jasmine Sanders sports yet another swimsuit of this shape.


It just seems like a style that would look better on a curvier girl. Kate and Jasmine are quite petite.


But one thing the super-high-cut is good for is revealing the presence (or absence) of a tattoo along your inguinal crease. It’s there in Jasmine’s videos, but not her photos.


It’s evidence that the 2019 issue isn’t 100% natural after all.

Anyway, I guess I’m a fashion editor now.

No comments: