Monday, May 6, 2019

Isn't There a Magazine or Something Coming Out Soon?

Tomorrow is Swimsuit Eve, and there's almost no sign of it. Even Swim Daily has been largely quiet. They've been doing a lot of "models in hammocks" and "models in blue" and "models in mesh" type of content. But not a lot of "models coming soon to a magazine stand hear you."

It's the wrong time of year, and what buzz there has been is mostly about "firsts" and "uniques" and "rethinkings." But not a whole lot of "get ready for an avalanche of impossibly beautiful women."

It doesn't seem like it's Swimsuit Week.

Anyway, here are Sara and Hannah, two girls I wish we were about to see more of.

Ah, my heart...

I'm curious about Wednesday. But it feels like a weird turn in the history of the magazine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but I'm feeling very blah about this whole issue. Normally I can't wait. Now I feel like it's all been seen already. Their instagram feed of the last few days of nothing but messages has just bored me, and I'm not one of the Bellazon types that do nothing but whine about every single thing. It seems like all the energy is about justifying its existence instead of just being what it is.

I'll still buy the thing. Not like I'll stop my 37 year tradition. But I assume I'll do much like last year - look at it a time or two, think to myself how bad the actual paper of the magazine is these days, and put it on the shelf with the rest.

Swimsuitologist said...

"...all the energy is about justifying its existence instead of just being what it is."

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head. I mean, I assume someone somewhere at SI did some market research and came up with a plan, but I'm kind of at a loss as to who they're gearing this magazine to anymore. And I say this as a fan who's maintained my enthusiasm for this issue.

So if it's not for me, who is it for now?